CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 04, 2007

First poem of the year....



Have I

Have I needed too much?
Is that why you’re not there?

Have I said too much?
Too many words from my heart?

Have I cared too much?
Should I have distanced myself?

Have I been around too long?
Has someone (or someone’s) taken my place?

Have I stepped over the line?
So causing the line to recede?

Have I tried too hard?
Would aloof and non-commital have worked better?

Have I been too loyal?
Maybe had I fought with you like the rest….

Have I scared you away?



I think I have….

©Angell 2007

6 comments:

Liz Hill said...

Nice poem.

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Your first poem of the year is GREAT! No Angel baby, you have scared me away... SMOOCHES!

Travis Cody said...

Hmmmmm. This can touch on the insecurities at every step of a relationship. Nice.

Coco said...

I felt that, Angell ... way down deep, where you brought it from.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Excellent poem... wonderfully worded

Maryfly said...

Wow Angell baby, nice job. I'm sure we've all felt that way, at least I have.

Photobucket



With love and pride