Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just a thought....

When every song you hear causes you to burst into tears in depression, confusion and's time for therapy.

Which would y'all recommend?

*retail therapy
*medical therapy
*mental therapy

Stay sane inside insanity ~ and never forget your towel.


Travis said...

Put the whiskey down!

I'm sorry things are getting to you.

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Well, it's hard to say. I'm no doctor!

On one hand, we all go through periods like that. The question is whether it's just a fairly normal low point, and some alcohol or chocolate or a nice brisk walk in the sunshine or whatever will help things along over a few days.

On the other hand, if it's a more serious, possibly clinical depression, then greater measures are needed. Usually the advice I hear is to see a medical doctor first, to test to see if the problem isn't physical (thyroid, etc.). If it's not, then a counselor of some sort may be the way to go.

I hope a few {{{hugs}}} from far away will help a little bit!

Meribah said...

Hugs to you, my dear Angell! I know things are tough, but alcohol and shopping don't solve anything (I know, it surprised me too! LOL), so the best course of action would be to do what the above poster recommended: visit your GP doc, to rule out physical causes, and then see a therapist. Remember: we're all rooting for yuh! :)

Loki said...


With a dashingly handsome and funny Scotsman

Bond said...

E) All of the above?

No seriously...I hope things are calming down for you.

Dana said...

Aw...poor Angell :(

Meribah said...

Angell, dahling! The puppy has an award for you at her blog. Come get! :)

coco said...

You forgot girlfriend therapy and sex therapy, which would be my choices, but if you are seriously depressed, hon, seek serious help. Don't put it off, thinking it will get better - it doesn't. Then find out what is at the root of the problem and take steps to change it.

*hugs* my prayers are with you.


With love and pride