CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Canadian Idol - Ladies Night

Well, I gave you my top four picks for the men, now here are my top four for the women so far.

Montana Martin Ilse



This 16 year old spitfire from Sainte-Julienne, QC, is quite the unusual entertainer. She's unique, and true to herself. I didn't think she had what it takes to make it this far, and I'm still a little torn on her, but one thing I CAN say about her - she's making it interesting. I'm still trying to hear past the thick Quebecois accent tho.....


Khalila G.



Holy hell this woman is genius!! She's 23 from Dorval, QC. Perfect, flawless performance in my mind. Trouble is, has she set the bar too high for herself? I hope not.


Carly Rae Jepsen




From Mission, BC, this 21 year old is just too adorable for words! I love this performance.


Martha Joy



Another young one, Martha is 16 and from my hometown! She's got such a maturity to her voice, but she needs to bring it down and have fun. I didn't like this song for her, mainly because it needs that particular edge that only a rock singer can bring to it. She sounded like she was trying for Celine.


Well, we said goodbye to four competitors - and three of them were Ontario kids!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH! C'mon gang - let's at least try for ONE Ontario rep in the top two this year!! There are 9 of you left - gotta beat the odds this year gang!


Stay sane inside insanity ~ and never forget your towel.

2 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Montana: No clue what she was singing...very theatric -
Khalila has one hell of an instrument ...wow...she is great.
Carly Rae is a great singer...I would have kept to the stool and not rocked it out also
Martha...nope...goodbye...did not like her at all...

Travis Cody said...

I liked Khalila. But the others didn't really grab me.

Thanks again for sharing these.

Photobucket



With love and pride